Wednesday, April 9, 2014

You should want this.


Otherwise known as I want this and actually please don't buy it because I'm worried that then there will be none left for me; this regular feature is where I use my superior interior decoration skills to make you covet things you don't need. 

I can't pinpoint when it hit but but suddenly my careful budgeting for clothes has gone out the window as Home Decor of all things has become an obsession. I mean, I'm getting seriously excited about sheets and throw pillows. Throw Pillows. Is this what adulthood looks like? A bunch of beautiful furniture spilling out of your tiny one bedroom place? That still, for god knows what reason, cost you your life savings? Or is it just me being the materialistic bitch I always have been and pretending I'm not by throwing my hands up and screaming “I'm just a creative, you know? I'm so wildly aesthetic- I can't control it!”?


So in this weeks edition of things I shouldn't be spending money on because nice shelving and comme des garcons dresses are not going to keep me warm when I'm old and can no longer moonlight as a waitress, we'll be looking at lighting. Specifically this lamp from ikoiko (available online or in store at blah blah blah Cuba St, K Road...).



I don't know the average price of a lamp but I'm sure you can get one for less than this one costs at Briscoes. That would be a failure on you behalf, but I'm not going to judge. Some people were born to do accounts and follow politics and some people were born to spend too much money on a lamps. It looks like your crafty neighbour could knock it out in his shed for no money whatsoever. That's what I like about this sort of industrial chic. It looks like maybe, if the carpentry genes of my forefathers had appeared anywhere in my psyche, I could make something just as fabulous as this but given that it already exists I don't need to. I'm sure there's a moral point there about supply and demand and the degredation of society but I suspect your brain will be as good if not better than mine at phrasing it. 

Ciao,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment